Sunday, September 6, 2009

What's in a Name?

So, I've been asked what the title of my blog really means.

From a little age, we have been taught we ought not to run with scissors. Why? Because it's risky. And although I do not suggest any of us run around with sharp objects anytime soon, I do suggest that sometimes it is important to learn to tolerate risk.

You see, if we live our lives too cautiously, we may never quite learn how a little bit of risk propels us into personal growth. At the same time, if we live our lives with too much risk, we find ourselves involved in unproductive, and destructive behavior.

Learning to find the balance between the two is the key. There are times in my Master's work when I thought I might never be able to actually make it as a therapist, but I find that by willing to take the risk, to run with the scissors so to speak, I'm here. And, I'm loving it.



Find out more about Mike at http://www.reachfamilytherapy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment